Declaration, Paris, November 14th, 2015
Following the tragic terrorist attacks in Paris, our thoughts are with the victims and their relatives. We express our deepest indignation and full solidarity, from the two shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Our Summit is internationalist at the service of general human interest.
Considering the tragic circumstances, state of emergency was declared. Our Summit for a Plan B was postponed. The murderers kept it from happening.
Mourning is necessary. We need to first confront the facts and then resume the fight.
Because the fight for a Plan B in Europe is every day more necessary, the Summit will take place. All present participants agree on a meeting next January in Paris, in order to continue our collective project. With this first Summit, we will thereby create a permanent Plan B Conference. The consecutive Summit will be hosted six months later in Rome. Meanwhile, we will explore and support converging initiatives in order to guarantee a broader participation to our project.
- Marina Albiol, Member of the European Parliament (MEP), Spain
- Jihen Chandoul, Tunisian Economy Observatory officer
- Nikolaos Chountis, MEP, Greece
- Ruth Coppinger, Member of the Parliament (MP), Ireland
- Fabio De Masi, MEP, Germany
- Stefano Fassina, MP and former minister of finance, Italy
- Susan George, president of the Transnational Institute
- Nicole Gohlke, MP, Germany
- Joe Higgins, MP, Ireland
- Rina Ronja Kari, MEP, Danemark
- Zoé Konstantopoulou, former president of the Parliament, Greece
- Oskar Lafontaine, former minister of finance, Gemany
- Sabine Lösing, MEP, Germany
- Mabrouka Mbarek, former MP to the Constituent Assembly, Tunisa
- Jean-Luc Mélenchon, MEP , France
- Joana Mortágua, MP, Portugal
- Paul Murphy, MP, Ireland
- Romayne Phoenix, Green Left Chair, UK
- Søren Søndergaard, MP, Danemark
- Barbara Spinelli, MEP, Italy
- Eric Toussaint, spokesperson of CADTM
- Nikolaj Villumsen, MP, Danemark